Wednesday 3 September 2008

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to the Fab 4 Arsenal blog!

Through this blog I will publish a refined, polished look at all Arsenal's news, rumours, and issues. Just what does a "refined and polished" blog mean? Well, it means that you will be reading sophisticated, enlightened posts featuring just the straight news, without a spin. That comes next. After the news, I weigh in my opinion and insight.

I'm a relatively young Arsenal supporter: that is, I didn't have the pleasure of watching the double in 1971, nor the historical win at Anfield in 1989, nor the official appointment of Arsene Wenger in 1996. But whilst I haven't been around forever, I'm fascinated by Arsenal's history and traditions, and I've taken it upon myself to become educated and knowledgeable about Arsenal's past, because I believe that through the past, one can gain insight on the future.

Now just because I'm young doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm an aspiring football journalist and as such I'm already somewhat versed in writing thoughts and opinions in a logical, polished manner. So you can expect only the very best from this blog, even if you don't necessarily agree with my views.

And now to preview future posts. After every match, I will link to a match report, but instead of writing one myself, I will write my thoughts and opinions on it. A match summary is in order in which you will hear my views and thoughts about the previous match. Also, I will weigh in on important news items that may crop up during the week, and finally I will write up match previews and predictions before every match Arsenal play.

In the next few days during this international break you can expect a squad review, a look at my predicitons for the final table, and a look at Arsenal's long term future: will we be the best in the world in 5 years, of right where we are now? Until then,

Fab 4, signing out.

1 comment:

  1. good job starting the blog.

    i think you're a little harsh on almunia even with your positive comment. that under-par performance against man u was just about the only poor performance he put in all season last year. i'm not saying he's one of the best few in the world, but i can't think of many others who literally always play well. he might not be as good a shot stopper as van der sar (not much worse mind) but he's more consistent. is he as good as david seaman? certainly not and never will be! but the guy is both extremely solid, 100% consistent and generally just very good.

    ReplyDelete

Post your comments here...