Tuesday 9 September 2008

News Roundup: Adebayor Snubs Togo

Well, I almost didn't get a chance to do the news roundup. I was busy at Uni but luckily I was able to have the spare time to post this bit. Let's get onto news then...

First up, as the headline reads, Adebayor has snubbed Togo. Apparently he is refusing to fly to Zambia for Wednesday's WC2010 qualifier. This is because of the continued row between the Togolese players and Togo's football association. Adebayor is undoubtedly Togo's best player and they will suffer greatly without him, but at least he won't be coming back injured since he won't play a part.

Next up, Theo Walcott was talking today about his playing style. He was being asked questions about his performance for England the other night (which as I said was excellent). He responded by comparing his development to that of C. Ronaldo's. Here's the quote:
"Some people are negative about my final ball," said Walcott.
"Sometimes it's not too bad but I am learning and I do practise in training every day. I have had quite a few assists as well.

"It is like Cristiano Ronaldo, he came to Manchester United in his first year, showed some brilliant tricks and he is 23 and the best player in the world. I am not saying I will be like Ronaldo, I will be myself.
"The main thing he (Wenger) told me was to be more aggressive on the pitch, win the ball back and get at defenders and not to have any fear," Walcott added.
"That is the main thing I have taken to my game this year.
"I give the England team a different aspect by getting behind defenders. There are some world-class players who can play right wing but I give them a different option."


Well said Theo, you truly are England's future. If England decide to play Beckham over Walcott on Wednesday night than I'll be deeply disappointed. No matter what anyone says, Beckham is and old has-been as far as I'm concerned. When a player decides to trade the glamour of Real Madrid for the obscurity of Los Angeles Galaxy then you know he's in decline. Walcott brings pace, tenacity, and pure youth & adventure to the national team, something it desperately needs.

In the last and cheeriest news of the day, Eduardo has spoken about a return date. Said he:

“My leg is getting better all the time and I hope to be back playing again by Christmas.
“It has been a long road to recovery, and there is still a lot of hard work left to do, but everything is going well and I should be back playing again soon.”

Great news, and the prospect of an excellent Christmas present. I'm just glad we're getting Eduardo back at all, never mind when, but hearing that he'll be back before the new year is great news. Hopefully he'll be able to return to his former heights in only a matter of time.

That's it for this news roundup. Tomorrow I will probably have up the league predictions. Until then,

Fab 4

2 comments:

  1. Yo bro, Keep up your good work man. I always try to get an opportunity to read your well renowned thoughts and I will tell you it's interesting.

    Just keep on with your blog.

    Sooner, it'll be a homage to Gooners all around. We were all here before. But your work is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks randy and good luck with your own blog. I shamelessly refer it to everyone reading these comments. Also, if you are reading, please feel free to comment yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Post your comments here...