Monday 29 September 2008

Preview - Arsenal vs FC Porto: Nasri Fit Again!

Finally after what has seemed like an eternity, Samir Nasri is fit again for this Tuesday's match against Porto. And goodness knows we could use a change of players after the miserable defeat to Hull at the weekend. Nasri's return will hopefully mean that Eboue will be rested after a horrible weekend. You know, I was really starting to think Eboue was steadily improving this season after an (offside) goal and some decent performances across the midfield. But after his terrible display against Hull, a game in which he showed all of his old weaknesses, my hope in him has been last again.

As for Porto, my instincts tell me this will be a very hard fixture. It's plain that they, along with us, are the favourites to get through the group, and this assumption was bolstered by their fine win against Fenerbache on matchday one. As I see it there are two possibilities for tomorrow's match:

1. We struggle with confidence after surrendering our impressive home record, and the team feels a sense of disappointment and a feeling that they have lost the home fans' support. Being at home will only make them feel bad, and their performance will be an uninspired and dispirited one in which we lose two on the trot at home.

2. The more likely and obviously more desirable possibility. We win by one or two goals and the team plays valiantly at home wanting to prove themselves capable of winning everything and start a new proud home record. Looking at how this team has responded to previous defeats and setbacks in the last year or so, I think this possibility is more likely to happen and obviously it would help restore confidence throughout the squad.

Prediction then? If scenario no.1 occurs then we will lose 1 to 2-0. If no.2 occurs then we will win 2-0 or 2-1. Either way. I think it's going to be a tight game and one that will not be easy, but I think we can just snatch victory tomorrow. Until then,

Fab 4

1 comment:

  1. Dear Webmaster

    My name is Mirsad Hasic.

    I am the owner of http://www.soccer-training-guide.com

    As an ongoing process to increase the link popularity of my site, I am looking for some good quality links to exchange links with my site.

    I recently came across your site through search and found it beneficial and informative for my site's visitors. I would like to offer you a link exchange with my site.

    A positive response from you on this would be highly appreciated.

    Thanks for your time.

    My e-mail adress is: mirha494@gmail.com

    Best Regards

    Mirsad Hasic

    ReplyDelete

Post your comments here...