Friday 19 September 2008

Preview: Bolton vs Arsenal

Well, tomorrow we face Bolton Wanderers but the big news around Arsenal is not the upcoming match but instead the news that Stan Kroenke has joined the Arsenal board. I won't bother to link, you can find it anywhere you find football news, but this is a big bit of business by the Arsenal board. Kroenke seems to be now a very trusted and very rich member of the board and I though he didn't sign the "lockdown" agreement last September, the club should be safe because of Stan's good relationship with the board. I'm frankly excited by the news, and I hope that Kroenke's stature and presence in the board will deter future buyers of the club (especially that fat bloke from Russia, Usmanov was his name?!?).

On to the match preview. To be honest there's not that much to preview. For some reason we always struggle up north, but I just have the feeling this won't be the case this weekend. Just as Arsene Wenger likes to point out, we always seem to respond to a disappointment the match before with a big match on the weekend, especially near the beginning of the season. So after the disappointment of only drawing in Kiev Wednesday, the lads will be looking to get a big result and prove they can still win big.

With that said however, I still think Bolton will give us a bit of a hard time. I think 2-0 would be likely, but even 1-0 would work. Of course I said this about Wednesday's match as well, and look what happened, but I believe this weekend will be different for the reasons I stated above: the team will want revenge.

So here's hoping for a good result then. I unfortunately won't be able to watch the match, but maybe I can record it... Anyway until next time,

Fab 4

1 comment:

Post your comments here...