Thursday 11 September 2008

News Roundup: Nasri Injured Again

I hate internationals. I truly do. Arsene Wenger once said international weeks are like when a friend borrows your car, wrecks it, and then returns it to you and tells you to fix it. That's exactly how I feel about them as well. This week Nasri was injured whilst on duty for France. He didn't play in midweek and isn't expected to feature for us this weekend. He's already been out once this season but returned in time for the start of the Premier League campaign. It doesn't look like he'll be so lucky this time out. Silvestre is also out of the equation as is Carlos Vela. Here's the full article from Arsenal.com.

In other news, Arsene Wenger has ruled out a possible move for Stephen Appiah. This is too bad as I thought the Appiah deal was a good one: we'd be making a profit either way. Oh well, I guess maybe we can hold over until January with the central midfielders we've got. This report though rubbishes rumours that we are eyeing a move for the Brazilian midfielder Mineiro. I didn't believe it in the first place. There are no quotes (Sky Sports "understands" that the move is possible) and the man in question is 33 years old. If Silvestre was old this guy is ancient. It will never happen.

That's about all for today. There's really not much news at the moment. Everyone continues to praise Theo Walcott but as I already did an article on him yesterday I won't provide you with any more quotes. Tomorrow I'll have a match preview up as we look forward to our encounter at Ewood Park against Blackburn. But is it something to look forward to or something to dread? I'll reveal my thoughts on the question tomorrow in the match preview. So until then,

Fab 4

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The away fixture at Blackburn is going be extremely tricky. Fingers crossed

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely hope Arsenal are going to win! Arsenal are ammazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Arsenal! I think Arsenal is the best Football club in England!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arsenal is so cool! Hope they will win!

    ReplyDelete

Post your comments here...