Saturday 31 January 2009

Everton and West Ham...Same Result I Wonder?

I never did do a match review of the Everton game, so in order to review it briefly and also preview the game against West Ham I think we need to make a logical connection between these games, a connection that frankly I hope doesn't exist.

I'll be the first to admit that the game at Everton was not very good. We were fluent at moments, but unfortunately those moments were entirely too few and far between. It seemed like we had no intent and no drive and determination to win until the last five minutes of the game, and that was when we grabbed our equaliser.

But despite the fact that we weren't great, full credit to Everton, who played wonderfully well, deserved at least a point, and have now held Liverpool twice and us to draws. They truly are the form team right now outside of the top four.

But if there is one more form team right now that's not in the top six currently, it would be West Ham. They have collected 13 of their last 15 possible points, and as much I as want to think of them as no threat, they are. They will come full of confidence and determination, knowing that before this year, they were the only team ever to beat us at the Emirates Stadium.

So it pains me to say this, because I'm the eternal optimist, but I'm really thinking we'll struggle tomorrow. I suppose it all comes down to which team shows up: the side that mean Man Utd and Chelsea, or the team that lost to Stoke and Fulham, the team that very nearly lost to Everton Wednesday night.

If the right team shows up, then we'll win, simple as that. If the wrong team shows up, well then we'll be looking at our sixth defeat of the season, and our challenge to the big four will almost have slipped away.

So here's hoping for a win tomorrow (or today, depending on where and when you read this). Here's hoping the right team shows up and we get all three points. Why, I wouldn't even mind if Arshavin were presented to us tomorrow as the latest Arsenal player. It could happen if you believe the rumours; but either way, there is still a reason to be optimistic.

I will be, and I hope you will be too.

Fab 4

2 comments:

  1. be More Optimistic and West Ham will be Difficuilt Challenge but i hope V.Persie make the magic again to win this time

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey buddy, haven't seen much on your blog lately. must be busy i guess.
    anyways have written a blog post where I would like to hear from you.
    Take it easy

    ReplyDelete

Post your comments here...