Thursday 22 January 2009

They'll Never Get Le Boss or La Captain & Eduardo "Ready"!

If you believe the reports today, this summer Le Boss, Arsene Wenger, and La Captain, Fabregas, will both be gone to Real Madrid. Real Madrid presidential contender Florentino Perez wants to bring both Fab 4 and Arsene to the Madrid club. This was the report:
"Florentino wants to make Wenger both coach and general manager of Real this summer - and will promise it will happen." It was also reported that,
"With Kaka and Fabregas as players and Wenger as coach, Florentino will take Real back to where they should be."

So that's the quote, but I don't think we have anything to worry about. Over the years Arsene Wenger has rejected offers to manage Real Madrid twice, and I don't see why this time would be any different. Wenger has a project going here at Arsenal, a project involving youth players that we gooners may or may not agree with. However I think this makes it highly unlikely that we would lose Arsene Wenger.

The the bit about Fabregas is utter - well let's keep it decent - a boatload of nonsense. He has always said that if he ever did leave Arsenal, Cesc would head back to the club that gave him his start, Barcelona. Is it really likely that he would jump ship to Madrid of all places so he could play for the club he no doubt holds in very low regard? I think not.

Real Madrid need to start worrying about their own problems and try to sort it out internally rather than try to raid other clubs of their best personnel to fix things. Madrid are having a tough season just like we are, but maybe if they focused on just themselves for once results would turn around. Rather, I think this is a strategy of disruption, and it's one that Spanish clubs use all the time.

Seeing as the Real officials realise their La Liga season is blowing up in their faces with the dominance of Barcelona this term, they want to win the Champions League. And since they won't be winning it on the skill of their players or their ex-Tottenham manager alone, they feel the need to get into the heads of their possible opponents and get them worried so as to affect their game. They tried to disrupt Man Utd with the Ronaldo rumours, and now their trying desperately to disrupt us. But it didn't work with then Mancs and I don't think it'll work with our club either.

So mind your own business Real Madrid, and stay out of ours. We don't give a darn about your ugly club, just as you obviously don't give one about ours.

In good news today, our "Crozillian" striker Eduardo is finally "ready" to play for the first team, at least according to him. He played a solid ninety minutes against Stoke in the reserves the other night, and now he feels he's ready for the first team. Here's what he said:

“I think I am ready for the first team but you would have to ask the boss.
“I feel very well and I’m training hard every day. Of course I want to come back quick and strong. Now, every game for me is a big step.
"In my head and everything I am ready. I am happy with the 90 minutes tonight on a very hard pitch with all the hard rain. I needed time in the Reserves to get my match fitness back. But playing my first game for the first team, I am ready now and I am just waiting for my chance.”

This is great news, and I can only hope that when he does come back he'll start providing us with that inspiration and cutting edge that we have been so lacking this season.

So on that happy note, that's all for today. Don't forget, you can get now all the Fab 4 Arsenal news and views sent direct to your mobile phone for free, please Click Here for details on how to try out this great service!

Fab 4

2 comments:

  1. It's El capitàn, 'la' is feminine. It just makes your blog look less credible than it is. Okay article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you for pointing that out. I had forgotten that fact as I haven't studied Spanish for a number of years now. I'll keep that in mind for the future...

    ReplyDelete

Post your comments here...