Wednesday 15 April 2009

Get Updates Live on Fab 4 Arsenal Twitter & Villareal Preview

I was never going to have the time to write a full match preview for Villareal tonight, but I feel as though I have a duty to do a small one. But first, the news of this post.

For tonight's match and some other select fixtures, you will be able to read some Fab 4 Arsenal liveblogging on our Twitter page. I'll be posting small updates and thoughts on the match as it is in progress, and if you're interested, there are three ways to see the updates.

First, you can follow us on Twitter. As long as you're signed up for the service (registration is free and fast), you can "follow" us and see all our updates on your home page. This includes not just the liveblogging action, but also all the other posts in between matches. So if you've got a twitter, follow us at http://twitter.com/Fab_4_Arsenal.

Secondly, you can simply visit the page and see the updates by reloading the page whenever you fancy it. The Twitter page is completely public, and everyone can see it, member or not. So visit the site and enjoy!

The third way to follow the action is simply to visit the blog itself. On the right-hand column underneath the blog archive, you can see (with Flash) a small application which shows all our twitter posts in real time. Also, you can see every update we make by the same method.

So hopefully you'll take advantage if this new thing we've put together for the blog, but in the meantime, let's have a look at the fixture tonight.

We take on Villareal at the Emirates, and it should be a cracker. As much as I wish we would sit back and take a 0-0 draw, I know it won't happen. And Arsene Wenger seems to agree with me. So since Villareal must get a goal, and we will be trying to get a goal, I expect an entertaining affair. Hopefully we will prevail, but there are reasons why I fear we may not.

First of all is the obvious reason: our defense is in tatters. Sure, Toure and Sanga are still on form, and Fabianski has bee good, but Silvestre and Gibbs are two players I would never want to depend on to keep a clean sheet. The comedy of errors from the two of them over the weekend at Wigan has made me wonder how they'll play against a decent attacking team like Villareal. I'll admit, I'm worried.

I do think we'll concede, but I also think that with the attacking players we've got we should score a few against a Villareal side lacking the services of Marcos Senna (now out injured). The scoreline? 2-1 to the Arsenal I expect, but I sincerely hope it's more (or less goals conceded!). Here's hoping for the best, and hoping to have you following us during the liveblogging on Twitter!

Fab 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here...