Wednesday 12 November 2008

Good Job Kids: Wigan Report

Just a short entry today as I'm pretty busy, but what a game against Wigan! I said before the match that win or lose I was just going to enjoy the match, and I certainly did. 3-0 against a full-strength Premiership team takes some doing, and is especially outstanding for a youth team like Arsenal put out last night.

We controlled the game right from start to finish and we saw some absolutely lovely performances. Simpson scored two goals and looked sharp, Ramsey and Vela were excellent (Vela's finish was exquisite), Fabianski made the save of his life, and Wilshere put in a wonderful man-of-the-match performance. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant by the whole team.

So, like after the 6-0 thrashing of Sheffield Utd, I left the match feeling full of pride and confidence on our future. With so many great young stars coming through and producing such excellent performances, it's just a joy to watch them in the Carling Cup.

I don't really care who we face in the next round or whether or not we win it. I just want to see another dedicated and determined performance like that against Wigan, and if it happens I'll be content. What a match and what a spectacular young football team Arsene Wenger has assembled.

So a short post today, but I'm writing a piece either tomorrow or Friday about what changes the first team needs to win the title. We all know we need something, and as pleased we undoubtedly all are with the youth team, the first team needs addressing. I'm hoping you'll drop back for a good read in the next few days and I encourage comments on all articles with the now easier-than-ever to use comment box down below. Try it out and I'll see you next time,

Fab 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here...