Monday 13 October 2008

Shut Up Hleb

I'm back. Sorry for the lack of articles this past week but it's been busy times for me and to be honest there hasn't been too much to write about. It's international week and that means our players are off injuring themselves on (whoops, I mean playing for) their national teams. Our list or injured players from this week now includes Bacary Sanga, Gallas, and Djourou, and Van Persie just barely recovered from a knock he picked up before Saturday's round of internationals, or at least so he says. I really hate internationals.

Today's post is somewhat of a news roundup, so I should mention that our favourite English youngster Theo Walcott played for England this weekend, and unless you've been living under a rock for the past few weeks, you'll know that expectations were very high for him against Kazakhstan despite both Fabio Capello and his fellow English national team players trying to lower them. In the end he didn't score another hat-trick, or even another goal. But he did put in a decent performance on the right-hand side, and has well and truly stolen the outdated David Beckham's spot on the right wing. Good for you Theo, it can only help this English side who still sit well outside the top ten in the new and improved FIFA rankings.

But now to the major news, although it broke about a week ago. Apparently, our old buddy Alexander Hleb has been trying to convince Fabregas to join him at Barcelona. Said he,

"We get on very well on and off the pitch. For me he is like a brother. We call each other a lot to talk about things,'
"He tells me he misses me at Arsenal and, without wanting to detract from anyone, I would love it if he came to Barca to be a part of all this.
"I don't stop insisting that he should return to Barca and he doesn't stop insisting that he is very happy at Arsenal and with Arsene Wenger.
"I will keep boring him until he changes his mind. If in the end he listens to me, I think it would be great for Barcelona.''


Isn't his illegal somehow? I seem to remember a certainly law involving tapping up which I believe Hleb is guilty of here. I'm fine with a simple friendly phone call but when someone is "boring into" another trying to convince him to join him at another club I believe something is wrong there. I never really disliked Hleb much until this year. First he courts Inter officials whilst "eating Ice Cream" in Milan, then he goes to Barcelona all the while making ridiculous comments about how all the other players at Arsenal are too selfish and should learn to shoot less (only you Hleb would never shoot), and now he's calling up Cesc trying to convince him to leave Arsenal. At least Cesc is resisting and saying he's happy here, but surely an entire year of convincing and it would do the trick, especially when it's Barcelona we're talking about, the club he said he's like to go back to one day. So Hleb, in the most civil way possible of saying this:
Shut your mouth and get back on that treatment table that I know you're supposed to be on right now! Go away Hleb, you had your time here and you wasted it, and getting Cesc to waste his talents at Barcelona won't change that.

That's all I've got for you today, but I'm planning on posting more this week as we suffer through yet another round of internationals this Wednesday. Here's hoping for our players' safety,

Fab 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here...